February 9, 2009

Global Financial Downturn

Dear all,Just came back from my flight and heard some news from our flight purser and yet this can sound quite dissapointed but is truth which we should accept it at this point.

1. No bonus for this year, revenue dropped significantly
2. Recruitment has stopped all their planned open days and assessment days until further notice.
3. Cabin Crew Upgrade opportunities have been delayed as well.
4. Cost and budgeting cut will be assumed to pass through the global financial downturn.
5. Some routes have been either cancelled or reduced its weekly or daily frequency, such as Nagoya will stop at the end of March, Johanesburg has only 2 daily flights instead of 3 (the afternoon one will be eventually 4 times a week, and later may be cancelled).

Above are some concret and realistic points from our senior people after their meeting with management, not to scare of but bare in mind that the we have been affected by the financial crisis, as a result, our company will re-plan and re-assure departmental and organisational policies by making sure every path has put at the right place.

Best wishes for all those who want to join us, let's hope the bad time will pass quickly so we can see you all on line!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2008 was a sad year for the Aviation Industry. Hope it'll be better and happier in 2009.

Anonymous said...

I know, its sad. I just graduated and I am happy I joined no later than when I joined because I have a friend home who's DOJ is delayed by HR to end of March...

I think they cut in a lot of dpts as well. For example, now we cant move out, accomodation is closed...things like that. I hope they dont send people home that would be so sad...