May 1, 2009

14 days in Costa Rica...sweet home!









As I requested 10 days leave plus 5 days off they gave me...so in total i got 2 weeks exact time to spend my holidays with my family and friends back home. Had a great time with all my friends and they did spend their vacation with me as well, we went to Manuel Antonio beach and clubbing...also did a canopy trip with my friend Josue such a nice guy to spend time with.

This time i did not fly with Emirates back to Costa Rica, instead, I chosed Delta Airlines because they fly from Dubai to Atlanta and then Atlanta to San Jose, which is quite similar as my usual routing via Houston. The idea came along with the Houston flight is always full and the passengers are not americans...and so on. So I wanted to try other airlines also to find out how do they do in an ultra long haul flight! But Delta Airlines has absolutely nothing to compre with Emirates~we are the best for my opinion! Delta offered 2 meals, each one with 2 choices, always chicken or pasta, and prior our landing to Atlanta, we were served a veggie Pizza as it was a breakfast time! So pathetic...i couldnt believe the ameican airlines are that lean and mean to customers, poor meal tray with no presentation, and they set up a table with some sandwishes, chocolates, water and cokes during the flight which was okay for me. BUT yes serve yourselves! They rarely come to the cabin with round drinks, when they did, was only water! Another thing to highlight about Delta is that their cabin crew are OLD and literally OLD! I can tell their media age is around 45-50 years old! One of them, seems to be the senior, she has been working for Delta for about 39 years! My gosh~~~which means she must be over 60 already! and still doing this kind of UL flight. However the fact is that only senior flight stewardesses can obtain this kind of long haul flights...compare to the short flight between Atlanta and Costa Rica, the crew were mixed, young and old...

The good thing about this trip with Delta is an upgrade to Business Class on both flights between Atlanta and San Jose Costa Rica! What a surprise! Unfortunately, between Dubai and Atlanta all business classes were fully booked therefore they could not put me in business class! Their seats in economy class are aweful and old, unconfortable, cant recline too much, narrow seat, cheap blanket, the in flight entertainment system was just okay, that was when i started missing our ICE!!! but was a great experience to try other airlines service and observe how other cabin crew interact each other. Emirates is Emirates, Delta is way behind us! Cheers~ and thank you for offering Business Class!

Thinking to bring my dad and mom to Dubai in summer, but is gonna be so hot, maybe will take them to Japan as well! yeah~ Osaka trip detail is coming up soon, stay tunned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did you book your ticket thru delta? zed or oal? 50 or 90? and did you call their office before booking the ticket?

sorry i am flying a domestic flight in the US from jfk in a few days and need to get my tickets fast.

Marlon Lee said...

Hi there, it depends on the contract every airline has with each other. My case is a zed fare. Good luck!

Traytable said...

The interesting thing is, one can still get bad service on EK, just as one can get good service on Delta. It all depends on the crew!

It does show that there is a huge difference where different airlines are spending their money and talent, when you fly a different carrier and see differences such as these.

Anonymous said...

im flying on delta with zed as well. i know our tickets will be sent through our mailbox, mine isnt there yet. did you have to call delta regarding the loads?

sorry but this is my first time to get a zed ticket.thanks much.

Marlon Lee said...

yes, i did call Delta here in Dubai to find out the load, however you can always check flyzed to see those emotional faces...hehehe...

Traytable, yes it is so true. I am not sure which airline you are working for. But just comparing to other airlines, EK is still one of the best airlines, among top 5. I did enjoy Delta, of course cant compare to EK standard. I like to travel on other carriers exactly because of that reason, see those differences and maybe learn something possitive from them. Cheers!