May 16, 2009

Osaka and Kyoto in 28 hours! wohoooo...

My favourite destination...JAPAN! Despite of japanses passengers are very nice and easy to deal with, as they always demonstrate japanese culture and courtesy throughout the flight, featuring the "red eye" flight (midnight departure) much much easier~ After my London flight, i got 2 Osaka flights in a row, from 19-21 and 25-27 of May. Unfortunately, majority of cherry blossoms had gone but still some left behind the hotel but also some in Kyoto! This time Osaka weather was great to start my planned journey to Kyoto, 35 minutes by train (express one! but not Shin Kan Sen) from Osaka station, the good thing is the free hotel shuttle taking us to Osaka Station every 20 minutes. The train fare is 540 yen each way which was not okay not expensive at all.
Picture below, was taken in Monday morning, peak hour in Osaka Station! ppl walking like ants...FAST but ORGANIZED! If you dont respect the right line to go up or down, you could die under their feet!
Now, you can see these 3 Geishas walking on the streets near Kiyomizu Temple, you can always see them slowing walking down to the street! is real not a show! Such a good contrast to the modern life in Japan!
Now Kiyomizu-dera photo show~


Kiyomizu Temple, 清水寺 (built in 778, rebuilt in 1633), one of the must see sights in Japan and specially in this historical city Kyoto (京都), the antic capital in Japan but nowadays is Tokyo. Kiyomizu means clear water or pure water, you can always find those nature fountains with different meanings, to obtain blessings, love, luck, protection, such as amults can be purchased to bring home for more interests. Of course, I had to get some hehehe...one is actually now hanging on my door! Also i found a big charm walking in surounding area in Kiyomizu-Dera, is the streets with bunches of shops and local restaurants! Such a nice trip in Kyoto, beyond the words! Missing the red bean soup, those tempting japanses pickles! I brough some to Dubai but still eating them little by little...so yummy!! Also bought a Samurai sword which caused me 2 custom security checks in Osaka Kansai International Airport and back here in Dubai, even was just an imitation not a real one, but still had to go through that tedious process. That gorgeous sword cost me only 7500 yen! what a nice deal~the tip is you have to visit several shops and check their prices, sometimes the nice deal is just next to you! Those japanses people are nice to talk to, most of times credit card can be used!

The second trip wasnt much to do as the weather was aweful, next day was raining the whole day and quite cold, and my jetlag had started to claim for sleep...yawn!! Even though i still woke up around 10 o'clock in the morning to go to the charming city Kyoto again, but this time not to visit temples but shopping!!! guess what...bought so many skin care products, some for me, some for my mom! such as moisturizers, hand cream, masks, lotions...etc. Com'on! you cant miss going to those cosmetic shops and buy those skin care products, they are so good and at a good price! 10000 yen was gone in that afternoon~~~but with a good harvest of cosmetic things! the aircraft cabin is extremely dry, therefore, taking care of our skin has become a daily task! Keep my face and hand moisturized all the time throughout the flight, even during our rest time! I found DHC and Shisheldo UNO very useful and handy to bring on board with me, moreover, they are working great on my skin, has got my skin improved and prevent being dehydrated. Some crew joked at me, saying i have more "stuff" than girls! LOL....it is so necesary to carry those items with me!

Japanese cusine!
Tofu lunch! so tender and delicious!

My small toilet pouch comes with MUJI non-alcoholic sanitizer, L'occitane hand cream, nail cutis conditioner (hahaha...my nail cutis suxxxxx so dry! looks aweful if i dont start using this nice product), DHC face gel (moisturizer), hair gel for retouching. That's all~do you think that is too much for a flight attendant to carry in the cabin bag? Naaaaaaaahhhh, dont get me wrong. Leave your comment any good tip to care of our skin please be generous to share them please!

1 comment:

Girl on Tour said...

oooh what a fab trip! I cannot wait to get to Japan!