November 11, 2008

Flatmate moved out...

Have been living here in 21st Century Tower for 2 months...suddenly one of my flatmates got a memo from accomodation dept saying that he has been offered a single accomodation since he is SFS (Senior Flight Steward), but the new building is located in Al Qusais, close to Sharjah...Stefan didn`t like the place at all but he couldn't say NO to the memo, otherwise he would be taken off from the waiting list for single apt application!! How ironic...anyway he moved out and me...as a good flatmate...i helped him move stuffs from 33rd floor to the ground then send them to his friends car...back and forth...we did at least 5 trips...up and down...finally he got everything on the car except himself....hahahahahahahahaha~~~ all his friends left with all the stuffs without him...i was in the kitchen preparing my dinner, he knocked the door and i was like...hey~what's wrong?? He said...oh my god! my friends left, 3 cars, and none of them took me!!! Now I am here and my stuffs are on the way to my new apartment! hahahahahaha~~~i couldn't stop laughing...was so ridiculous but hilarious enough!!! How comes people left him and only took his stuffs??!! I would have killed them alllllll....

well, he rang one of his friend to come back and pick him up! This is end of the story with this crazy and funny flatemate Stefan from Serbia. Now we are getting a lot of visits from other crew who want to move in...but my other flatmate is rigurous on picking and screening our future flatmate...since i am junior here i can't really decide anything though. He had couple issues and instances with previous flatmates before...that's why he has to be picky a bit.

FOR ME...As long as the new flatmate is considerable and respect everyone in the apartment despite of his nationality, then I am cool with that! So let's see who is gonna be selected for the new flatmate!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marlon Lee said...

Hey there! i didn´t mean to say anything about brazilian people and i have friends from brazil, i am saying that my flatmate had a bad experience with one brazilian crew...that´s why he doesn´t like brazilian people to live with him. First of all, I am quite open mind and I can live with whatever nationality and not picky at all. PLEASE DO NOT BLAME ON ME, and read my blog carefully i didn´t say anything about Brazil, so no blame to costa rica as well! I am okay with brazilian people any other nationality. AGAIN, i do apologize if you misunderstood my expression but anyway safe flying and have fun!

Anonymous said...

ive noticed you always mention which nationality is which and not. it would be alot better not to mention any nationalities at all or even mentioning bad flights such as "those indian flights" since your blog is widely available for public viewing.

keep on blogging.

have safe flights and hope to see you online.

Marlon Lee said...

thanks a lot for the advice! I will try to not mention them, thanks and if I had offended you please forgive.

Marlon Lee said...

Please remember that blog is my personal space to express myself, and everyone has the right to say anything...i can´t satisfy everyone with my blog, indeed, there are some comments about nationalities but believe me not everyone in that nation is the same profile. Just read my blog with an open acttitud without leaving any comment criticizing my way to express. REMEMBER BLOG IS A PERSONAL CYBER SPACE AND I HAVE RIGHT TO EXPRESS MY OWN. Thanks and safe flying!

Anonymous said...

"Just read my blog with an open acttitud without leaving any comment criticizing my way to express."

I left a comment not to criticize the way you blog. Its merely an unsolicited advice from a crew from EK as well (and a blogger). I know how you feel when I read your entries but it would not look good if a passenger sees them. It would leave a very bad impression on all EK cabin crew, Its ok to rant and all but just leave the race or nationality.

But If you still feel you must put everything that you feel on writing and mention which flight/destination, or wich crew blah, blah.. feel free mate. This is your space anyways.

Cheers!! =)

Marlon Lee said...

Hi mate, I agree with you. However, yet again, i am not picky with any nationality and as you know and you are crew...we all talk about this all the time. i have a multicultural background and i understand absolutely the differences between one culture to the other. What I meant was to make people understand the good side and bad side of working on the plane and not to make judgement on those nationalities. There is no issue about which country you were born in. No one can say which way is correct to express him/herself, but you and me we are human and we have feelings and sometimes feelings are not fit and pleasant to everyone. But I thank you for letting me know about your understanding and viewpoint, I agree. Safe flying! cheers!