November 23, 2008

Sunny Cape Town, quick sightseeing!

Cape Town, is the second most populous city in South Africa, forming part of the metropolitan municipality of the City of Cape Town. It is the provincial capital of the Western Cape, as well as the legislative capital of South Africa, where the National Parliament and many government offices are located. Cape Town is famous for its harbour as well as its natural setting in the Cape floral kingdom, including such well-known landmarks as Table Mountain and Cape Point. Cape Town is one of the most popular South African destinations for tourism.

This flight most of the times is full of tourists and local people and the way back to Dubai was demanding as hell...don't know why? Drinking the way tooooo much and almost ran out of our wine stocks!!! By far this is the most demanding flight ever...Ok, back to the beautiful Cape Town, since we only have 24 hours layover for a 9 hours flight...uhhhhh~so annoying! I was damn tired after that sector and still had to meet up the crew in the lobby after getting changed in my room. Felt so sleepy and exhausted but couldn't waste my time on the bed...so yeah we took the shuttle bus to Water Front in which you can visit the harbour, shopping centre and nice restaurants...of course you gotta taste the authentic South African wines! Semi-sweet wine...which a lot of passengers had asked me for it on board~I am not a wine lover, so whatever~heee hee...

After clubbing the whole night, believe me~on Wednesday night everywhere was dead...not much to see plus we had a silly crew only brough his basketball short and one T-shirt to this beautiful city...I felt so unconfortable because most of the bars don't allow you in with shorts and tennis...but 3 of us went to have some drinks and he specially had his HOT TEA, because he was not feeling well and had sore throat...lol...plus his dress and hot tea...can you picture it???!!!

The next day one of the crew woke me up and convinced me to do a quick sightseeing with HOP ON & HOP OFF bus which I have never done before...and I definitely loved it! Only cost me 120 rands, so we left the hotel around 9:20am to catch the bus heading to the Table mountain and Camps bay beach!!! As shown on my photos below, as of a sudden, i falled in love with Cape Town, such a beautiful and charming city I have ever seen! Blue sky, blue water, white sands, table mountain, lion head, plus lovely people...there is a antique quote in China saying that: The perfect place always comes with mountain and water! which is true! no doubt! Hopefully I can visit Cape Town on my own in the near future!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that looks like a nice place to visit. 24 hours must go by so fast!!! Can you go on safaris in the area??
I like reading your blog!

Marlon Lee said...

Yes, it is so short to hang around in cape town! but this is our life...hehehe