November 8, 2008

Yeah~another Singapore and Brisbane trip! 9 days...

As I mentioned before, I was pulled out on the 30th of Octuber to Singapore and Brisbane plus shuttle to Auckland, in total 9 days trip! Well, nothing new to me because I did this trip already back in September. A lot of people want it so bad, for me this trip is just perfect to black out my reserve days for 9 days in a row! But also something made me really excited is because I love Australia a lot and Singapore for shopping some chinese veggies and vegan ingridents for my kitchen hey!

When I met the entire crew was nice, the purser was a funny man and he even took one bar cart during our service in economy! such a nice man~I haven't seen one purser doing this before, well quite nice to see that...okay there's something needing to mention about...@@@@@

From Singapore to Brisbane I volunteered to take the mid galley and that was my second time doing it, in fact, the first time was the same sector as well. So everything was just running smoothly as planned, until just minutes before we started the second meal (continental breakfast) was an easy service though, only had to set up 2 bar carts and 2 meal carts were already done only had to put crossants and yellas~(in arabic...which means go!) So something unusual happened, the captain elevated the aircraft and acelerated to climb more altittud, hence, this action caused the entire aircraft went up and became a bit shaky and then more shaky...okay what I want to say is the bar carts were already set up and being positioned by the LR3 door, basically in front of 3 passengers~! After those shaking moments, the right hand side bar cart with tea and coffee on it FALLED DOWN ON THE PASSENGERS!!!

Yeah~OHHHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOD!!! I heard of people screaming and at that moment there were other crew in my galley, inmediately I went out to check what was going on in the cabin? HOLLY SHIIIIIIIIT....two passengers were hit by the cart and tea and coffee spreaded all over the seat and of course some of the hot liquid were unfortunately on their hands and legs...this was a complete chaos! The SFS ran to the cabin and tried to help...the purser came, everybody came literally...well the first thing was to remove all the mess and grab the first aid kit to render first aid! Silverdizine and bandage were used, one of the passenger had a slight leg scratch and the other lady had her arm slightly burned by the hot liquid! We did everything possible to avoid further injury, covered their seats with more blankets and offered them recovering service, such as wine and champagne things like that...well, all of us aplogized to them and apologize was accepted by them, both of them were not upset and were calm...therefore we thought they were fine with it and were not going to complain about this incident, since there is no one's fault...probably CAPTAIN'S fault...because he elevated the aircraft without previous notice, he said he was trying to avoid the turbulance...blablabla~he did all the way back too! Anyway...the passenger wrote an email to Emirates asking for an explaination of the incident !!! Such annoying thing ahhhhh...the SFS and the purser have to reply the company about every single detail of that accident on board, could be a serious issue if they want to sue the company for $$$...hopefully not!

Apart from that unfortune thing, the 9 days trip was very pleasant and relaxing, again I went to koala sanctuary with the crew...couldn't go to the gold coast because last day was raining a lot...as a result of it, I stayed my day around the hotel, had something to eat and go back to have a good rest before flying back to Singapore!

Singapore is a heaven for shopping, and for me as a vegetarian, I found a restaurant with tons of vegetarian ingridents such as vegetarian ham, ball, etc...i was sooo happy so i bought a lot! Threating myself with goooooood vegan food!!! Poor me~flying so much and so tiring...of course I deserve some good food, unlike here in Dubai, in the desert, veggies are so freaking expensive and not many options for vegan life...that's why I love Singapore sooooo much! Specially, I met a nice guy in Singapore this time... :-))

1 comment:

Marlon Lee said...

Yeah...i know...like sentosa island...but 24 hrs layover is just not enought to visit all of the. But I am sure next time I have to do something different! thx! :-)