September 23, 2008

Moscow! Red Square plus cold weather and cold people!!!





I was crazy though...after BKK and SYD flight the next day i did the swapped flight to Moscow!!! Always wanted to go there, since last month they changed my Moscow to Vienna which was not bad at all...but still i need to go there to have a look!

The flight time was short enough, less than 5 hours, great crew and passengers were not very demanding as usual, russian people drink a lot (no doubts!) oftenly they come to the galley and ask for more drinks...beers, vodka, whisky, whatever you have left in the bar carts...give it to them! They are happy drunks! lol...

From the airport to the hotel took nearly one hour, the traffic was horrible...but the other crew who had been there before said sometimes it takes 2 hours!!! my gosh...we only have 24 layover in Moscow, minus 2 hours coming and 2 hours going back...only 20 hours left...minus sleep...is no longer 24 hrs! After we reached the hotel (Holliday Inn) we got changed and took the subway to Red Square! I was soooo impressed of those Russian people, as cold as the weather, it was begining of September, and the temperature was 10 degrees Celsius! Why COLD PEOPLE, because most of them don´t even have facial expression, not really nice to talk to. I was wondering why they couldn´t even say hi back to you when I was boarding passengers. Only when they want to order alcohol and that´s when they open their mouth and be nice with you...so bad. On the other hand, we went to exchange some US dollars to russian rubos, the COLD and VERY COLD lady returned my money without saying a word!!! so COLD...i was freaked out. :-////

Finally I saw those colorful churches and red sqaure of course, being my first visiting Moscow, I was quite {lucky} because the access to Colorful Churches (castles...) was closed!!! @X$%^&... due to some even and improvement going on there...sadly I could only take photo from Red Square as you can see on my photos...a bit far from where i was standing, but fair enough at least i saw it!

The next day I went to have my first russian breakfast, indeed for me was like any western breakfast, coffe, eggs, and some weird SWEET pancake with cheese and potato...there is not much to see in 24 hours, hopefully will get another Moscow to see those colorful churches closer...because i could hear the song...COME CLOSER! COME CLOSER~~








count how many russian dolls are there on the table, actually they were all inside the big one and we had to open one by one...the last one was soooo kawaiii (japanes means cute/adorable)


No comments: