September 27, 2008

Octuber, My Reserve month...means standing by for 35 days...

September 26th...the exiciting day for most of the crew because the roster has been released...many happy faces but also frustrating ones....and what about me? I AM ON RESERVE NEXT MONTH!!! what can i say about it? I had experienced that uncertain CU (CAN USE) after we graduated from training college and i got 3 turn arounds and 2 layovers. Now is actually a LONG RESERVE...35 days per Emirates rule. But something makes me happy is because I have 14 days leave to go home! Costa Rica! Pura vida!

No idea what flights they will give me, no idea when can be pulled out. Turn around or layover? Please give me only layovers....hehehe thanks a lot Mr Scheduling!!! No standby 3 please!!! Give me only Standby 1 or Standby 5...no airport standby because suitcase is heavy and don´t want to take it back home after 6 hours waiting for nothing! Or if you want to give me airport standby please do give me layovers otherwise why i have to pack my suitcase then...hehehe.

After having 2 brilliant rosters consecutively, now is the time to be surprised by Mr Scheduling. People being on reserve this month are not lucky, because of Ramadam and no one wants to stay in Dubai...few people called-reported sick...one of my friend actually had only 4 flights...3 turn arounds and finally gave him a layover in Perth. The other one only got 3 turn arounds...sucks...a poor month ah! No flights no pay...come on, I got paid 86.69 hours for August! I need to fly a lot before and after my leave, best regards!

(Seems like i am writing an email to Scheduling...lol)

No comments: