October 28, 2008

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania! FIRST AFRICA!

I was on standby 5 which means from 04:00 to 12:00 and i had a bad sleep after 4am i couldn´t sleep anymore so i kept checking my roster but nothing had come up...after 1 hour finally i falled asleep thinking that they might not pull me out for any flight! uhhh~7:15 in the morning the phone rang! since i was very sleepy so whatever the scheduling said i only heard i was pulled out for xxxxx salam or sort of eran...suddenly i understood Tehran (Iran, turn around flight...) so i woke up so mad and asked him again..excuse me! where i am going again? So he cleared his throat and said to Dar es Salaam! OH THANKS GOD! Now i am happy!!! hahaha~because is one of the best hotel we stay, so i said to myself this is another 24 hours hotel vacation!




Fair enough, I stayed with the crew in the Kempinski Kilimanjaro Hotel which is located close to the sea port from there you can see the boats and local people walking in front of the hotel...swimming pool is so cool, such as gym, spa and guest room everything is great! except the restaurant in the looby where we had our dinner and had the worst experience ever, it took nearly 1 hour to delever our meal and drinks and some of the meals specially lamb was not cooked perfectly upon request, so including the purser Andrea and another egyptian girl requested the lamb to be cooked again only for "couple minutes" but they redid the entire dish...so it took another 30 minutes, which was absolutely ridiculous and not acceptable at all! Finally the purser went to talk to the waiter and told him she didn't want her meal anymore, she had lost her appetise and no longer hungry (but angry...) however the waiter kept apologizing and saying he had stayed in the kitchen to ensure the meat was cooked perfectly but Andrea and the other girl were very pissed off and rejected the meal. well...after the that fight we went to the bar to have a drink and this time was quick though!
Breakfast buffet was really amazing and was free for the guest! After having a good breakfast i rested a bit and headed to gym to work out some muscles and burn out some excess fat! Just before our next flight back to Dubai I had 1 hour nap which was really helpful to keep me enegized for the next flight eh~

Another thing to mention about this African trip is the flight condition, both flights were very bumpy and windy....specially the way going to Dar es Salaam, was my first time felt air sickness! not only me but other crews felt the same as well...such a bad experience and for the return flight we were doing the bar service while the captain requested us to take our seat inmediately due to the unexpected turbulance was soooo bad! I felt sick again~lol~ I said if every DAR flight is this bad, I will not do this flight anymore! But apart from this, the entire crew was lovely and people were not demanding (only couple of them...) I remember one passenger was touching the damn call bell every 3 minutes, and that drove my nut and insane! We told him and explained him not to touch the call bell unless he really needs something!! GUESS WHAT! He started to ask drinks and drinks...i mean very weired passenger!
Pax A: Coffee and Pepsi!
Me: I am sorry did you say Coffee and Pepsi???!!!

Pax A: Yes! (But I thought he only said pepsi, because his english was so poor and didn't mean to say coffee, because i never heard of coffee and pepsi before!)

After 2 minutes, I went to his seat to give him his pepsi then he found out there was no COFFEE so very deseperately asked me WHERE IS THE COFFEE? And I said, Sir give me one moment i will bring it to you! Ok~

Sir, here you go! bastard!...well i said bastard in my mind...hahahaha~
As a flight attendant, there are times you can encounter weird and unfriendly passengers with abnormal requests...don't be surprised! For this kind of flight, everything could happen really!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usted y su obsesion por las camas
porque sera? me pregunto si toma fotos a todas las camas o solo a las que quiere recordar. Je je je