January 5, 2009

London, Paris and Strasburg!

Crazy enough, after landed from Singapore I started my holiday right away which means I popped on the Virgin Atlantic flight bound to London to see a special friend where I stayed for 2 nights before heading to Strasbourg to visit my best friend from Costa Rica. Cant believe I flew 14 hours and 7 time zones in 1 day just to see a friend!!! How a human being can do so many crazy things in this life!! This time I really enjoyed London, a fancy city and full of elegancy and royality, walking around the city under 4 degrees finding my winter coat before going to France. Was a great holiday spending 2 nights with my friend, he showed me around the city including Towers of London, London Bridge...etc.

Since I was holding BA standby ticket so I decided to arrive early at LHR to get better chance to get a seat. The staff travel lounge was crowded with people traveling on standby condition, as well as BA staffs and crew. People waiting for their confirmation call, so I was anxious because the flight to Paris was quite full and only about 4 seats left meanwhile there were 5 persons listed on standby, thanks god I got luck and they gave me a seat...45 minutes later i was in CDG airport connencting my flight to Strasbourg...suddenly I couldnt find my standby ticket with Air France to Strasbourg!!! @@@@@@~~~~~ a bastard kept my ticket in the same envelop where I had all the tickets in there, including one standby ticket from Frankfurt to Dubai...lol...bad luck and good luck come at the same time! Since the ground staff didnt return me the envelop and i was on a rush to get to the gate in juts 20 minutes before the boarding is closed...huh! Anyway I bought a full fare round trip ticket from Paris to Strasbourg in the last minute, was so expensive but i had to do so otherwise I gotta stay one night in a hotel and catch a train the next day to Strasboug which means wasting my vacation for nothing. Get over it! I flew to Strasbough on the 17th night and finally met my friend after all the nightmare.
Strasbourg is really homy and cozy, alcesean style houses, an authentical city! Full of tourists from everywhere, there was a well known christmas market going on in Strasboug, amazing event where you can shop and taste the christmas! Vin Chod, hot wine! Lovely flavour, kept your body warm in a cold weather. We also visited the EU parlament and best of all we got in there! Wow~now i can say i have been to EU parlament! hahahaha~

No comments: