January 1, 2009

Singapore & Melbourne

This is a duty trip i did from Dec 11 to Dec 15, we had two 24 hours layover in Singapore plus 17 hours Melbourne layover... :(... yeah it is insane that we have this type of flight pattern. However this will eventually turn into a nice trip, starting february DXB SIN MEL SIN DXB will be a nice trip because Melbourne is gonna have 34 hours layover!!! which is absolutely great and that way crew can rest well instead of 17 hours sleeping without sightseeing.


This time I had my first layover in Melbourne and despite of its stormy weather that day, and moreover we delayed one hour departing from Singapore due to technical issue with the aircraft. First thing I did after arriving into Melbourne was to SLEEEEEEP, was exhausted. Next morning, I woke up a bit early and wanted to go to downtown for a walk...but but but...the weather was sooo stormy, windy plus rainy...the entire layover suddenly became a nightmare...when I asked the concierge for an umbrella unfortunately they ran out of them, so I had to walk out without it. Anyway, I poped on the tram and went to Melbourne downtown. In fact, I really like Melbourne due to its organized city design and people are very friendly. Walking around the shopping area and found a Coco chocolate store! Of course I ordered one pure hot chocolate, so rich and creamy, this is the best chocolate i have ever had.

Wish I can get a better Melbourne layover so I can visit some other sights as to know it better!

Singapore, was raining the way going and the way coming back...therefore this trip is a rainy trip, rain was following us from SIN to MEL and backworth...but Singapore is still one of my favourite destinations...LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I don't know if they have them at the Coco chocolate store, but there is one near Kikki K that does chilli hot choc! Best drink ever!!!